We rejoice in extending the warmest of welcomes to you, as a family of the community of St. Raymond.
“Baptism is a bath of water in which the incorruptible seed of the Word of God produces an enlivening effect”. (Eph.5: 26).
Instructions for Baptism
What is the Sacrament of Baptism?
Holy Baptism is the most beautiful and magnificent of God’s gifts, it is a bath of regeneration from original sin that makes us legitimate children of God. Becoming holy, represents receiving a special grace that seals, cleanses and preserves us, as a sign of Our Lord’s sovereignty and as temples of the Holy Spirit.
Upon receiving it, we become members of Christ and are therefore incorporated into the Church.
This sanctifying Sacrament is the foundation of the Christian life that perfects the soul and destines it to act in love and to live in Christ.
Baptism is a precious communal celebration truly enjoyed by children.
Our Parish commits itself to aiding your child along his/hers spiritual journey of Christian faith.
Please note that Baptisms are celebrated in Spanish the fourth Sunday of each month at 1:30 PM.
Baptism is a 3-Step process
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PARENTS
To comply with the requirements for your child’s Baptism, all parents must:
1. Go to the Parish Office and fill out the Baptism Application.
2. Provide a copy of the child’s Birth Certificate.
3. Provide a copy of each parent’s Driver’s License or legal identification with photo.
4. Pay $75.00 for a communal baptism service (celebrated on the fourth Sunday of each month)
Pay $250.00 for a private baptism service (celebrated on any day agreed upon with Office staff).
5. Complete a Pre-Baptismal Preparation course. This course can be completed at St. Raymond Parish or at any other parish. If the course is taken at another parish, it is necessary to submit proof of completion, at least 15 days prior to the date the Baptism will be celebrated.
6. If the parents belong to another parish, please submit a letter of recognition of registration from the Church where you are registered.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GOD-PARENTS
Selection of a God-parent is a very serious matter, as the chosen ones will assume a very important role in the development of faith and in the spiritual growth of his/her God-child.
To comply with the requirements for becoming God-parents, they must:
1. Be 16 years of age or older and be practicing Catholics.
2. Have received the three Sacraments of initiation: Baptism, Communion and Confirmation. (If one of the God-parents has received the Sacrament of Confirmation and the other one has only received Communion, that is considered acceptable. )
3. Complete a Pre-Baptismal Preparation course. This course can be completed at St. Raymond Parish or at any other parish. If the course is taken at another parish, it is necessary to submit proof of completion, at least 15 days prior to the date the Baptism will be celebrated.
4. If the God-parents belong to another parish, please submit a letter of recognition of registration from the Church where they are registered.
“Our Lord voluntarily submitted to St. John’s Baptism, intended for all sinners, that all righteousness be fulfilled.” (Mt. 3:15).
“ I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.” (John 3:5-6).
May God bless your families!